Thursday, September 12, 2013

Living Life Like a Hillcat!

            Hi everyone! My name is Kelsey Kellum. I am from Baxter Springs, Kansas and I am one of your Senior Student Ambassadors for prospective student services here on campus! I cannot wait to begin telling you about beautiful life here at Rogers State! 
 
        I started my new job on the 13th of August this year and I absolutely love it! I work with Taylor Hoffman, my other blog mate and close friend here at RSU. We love for you to ask questions and leave comments about what we can write!

       I am currently a sophomore in the Honors Program and the President's Leadership Class here on campus. I am also a member of RSU's Hillcat Cheer Squad! All of these activities make school especially interesting. Being involved in your university's activities and organizations is a HUGE part of being a college student, and especially here, it's what makes you a Hillcat! Go out and look for activities to partake in and organizations to join! Whether it's jumping in a quick game of ultimate frisbee here on our new turf field, or getting a group of fellow Hillcats to create a new student organization on campus, GET INVOLVED! It does more than one would think! Putting yourself out there and choosing to be an active student on campus helps you meet people, become more outgoing, and it also helps relieve the stress often associated with college! Rogers State has countless campus-wide events planned each week by our CAT (Campus Activities Team) and our university's sports events are a blast to attend! Come by a basketball game starting November and you may just see me cheering on our Hillcat men and women to victory!


Peak of the week:

My aunt sent me back to school with a GIGANTIC grocery sack full of her homegrown cherry tomatoes and giant cucumbers!

Challenge of the week:

I had to go home this Wednesday to attend a funeral for my best friend's dad. Life is more dear than we realize sometimes :)

Quote of the week:

"Every day is a great day to be a Hillcat!"

Song of the week:

"Hey Laura" by Gregory Porter

Pic of the week:

This picture was taken at the NCA National Competition in Daytona Beach, FL this past April. Sunday was my cheermate's 19th Birthday! Happy Birthday, Echo!

Until next time!
- Kelsey K. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment